Come out and join us on Monday, May 22nd for Home School Day. It’s a great opportunity to see old friends and meet new ones.
Here’s some specifics:
- Berry picking is open all day: 7am – 6pm.
- Free wagon rides are running around the farm continuously from 11am – 1pm.
- The University of Maryland Extension office will be here from 11am – 1pm to answer any questions you have about canning and freezing fresh produce. They always set-up a nice display and have lots of great information.
- The Queen Anne’s County Master Gardener’s will be here with a bug display, and we all know kids LOVE to study bugs!
- Belvidere Syrup Co., a Vermont maple syrup maker, will be here to discuss and demonstrate how maple syrup is made (along with some yummy samples).
- All Ages are welcome! All Homeschool Day attendees should check-in first at the registration table, in front of the market, to get their skit or walking tour time and materials.
- Under 4 – Enjoy the wagon ride and berry patch. At check-in, you will get picking containers.
- Pre-k through 4th grade – Go to the website and sign up for the full tour. Registration is 10:30 – 11am. The cost is $6 and includes an educational skit, a pick your own container of strawberries, unlimited hayrides and a goody bag with a coloring book to take home. All info and materials are provided at check-in when you arrive.
- 5th -12th grades – Go to the website and sign up for the full tour. Registration is 10:30 – 11am. The cost is $6 and includes a walking tour of the farm where we will talk about food production, a pick your own containter of strawberries, and unlimited hayrides. All info and materials are provided at check-in when you arrive.
Photo Credit: Jennifer K Photography
Forward this email to all of your homeschool friends. Don’t forget, if you haven’t already registered, go to our website, www.godfreysfarm.com
, to register for the day. Be sure to print out the coupon below to receive your “Super-Mom” discount.
See you Monday!